Sunday, August 06, 2006

Lab babes, myth or truth?

So guess where I am at the moment, yes my lab. Don't be alarmed I am just running some C13NMR, which would be a bitch to do during the week when everyone wants to use the NMR machine (thy mighty NMR as I call it whenI sign up to use it). So I am a workaholic and consciously ignoring God's command to rest on Sundays, hmmm well, what I am doing is not really working anyway.

So, back to the main topic as suggested by the title. Lab babes, this was a termed used years ago by a good friend of mine(Brandon, where the hell are you now?) back at Queen's University, Canada. I personly have not seen a "hot" girl working in a lab. Not to feed into stereotyping of female scientists but most of the females I have seen working in labs are your typical nerdy girls. Now, if you think I drew my conclusion from working in one place you'd be wrong, I have worked in 5 different institutes and 7 different labs. I know it's not a large sample group but it's all I have right now (besides, that's more than most PhD students have). Not to put my female colleagues down, there are some decent looking females in the lab (7-8/10) but just not your hollywood type (hot scientist). This is really the question of the day, just for my curiosity, do anyone actually know any 10/10 drop dead gorgeous babe working in chemistry?

Actually, I do know one, but I think she is an anomaly anyway. I don't think I will drop her name here in case one day I will meet her in conferences but most people in Chemistry would know a sizzling hot babe working at U of U (what the hell is a hot scientist working in morman country anyway?)

1 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Blogger Razor_goto said...

WTF?

You have a blog now.

There is stuff here.
It is entertaining and highly articulate....

WTF?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home